The FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ will be played from 20 November to 18 December in Qatar. It will be the 22nd edition of the competition, and the first played in the Arab world. The draw for the World Cup group phase took place in Doha, Qatar, on April 1 2022 to set the stage for the tournament
Overall (and simplified) process of how to choose World Cup host:
- Every country (or multiple country as one bid like 2026 WC North America) who wants to host WC would have to propose their bid to FIFA.
- After the bids received by FIFA, they would inspect and evaluate the locations of the planned events from each of the country who propose the bid.
- FIFA then judge each of the bids whether it fulfilled their requirements or not.
- The host candidates who fulfilled the FIFA’s requirements, would be chosen in the next FIFA Congress.
- Members of FIFA Congress would vote the chosen host by exhaustive ballot system (each members must pick one proposal).
- The bid who have the most voted, would be the chosen host.